Thomas Gardi grew up cruising the Jersey shore and developed a passion for being on the water. He acquired his 100-ton Coast Guard Masters license in 1997 and for the last 20 years has run more than 30 different boats, ranging from 34 feet to 108 feet, travelling over 500,000 nautical miles in 20 countries. In 1993, Tom made Florida his home port.
Tom has another passion that makes him a unique in the boat business. He is an expert woodworker and has put this talent to work building boats and teak decks. Tom’s quality craftsmanship, eye for design and attention detail has enabled him to build a successful business. He has earned the distinguished reputation for being the “go to” for high-end teak decks on the east coast.
Tom attributes his success in the boat business to his traditional values, strong work ethic and following experiences:
· Worked for Nordhavn and American Custom Yachts were managed builds and refits.
· Sold Beneteau and Catilania sail boats and sport fish boats for Johnston Brothers Boat Works and G Winters Sailing Center
· Captain of The One More Time, the fastest sport fish yacht in the world still to this day.
· Continue to fish with the world’s best fishermen across the US and internationally – from blue fin fishing in Cape Cod, to sail fishing in Mexico, to marlin fishing in Bermuda and the Bahamas.
· Currently run a 55 Nordhavn and a fly fishing operation which is my favorite kind of fishing.
Tom has come full circle, enjoying boating, fishing and boat building. Let him apply his expertise to helping you find your next boat.